Evaluating the Tigers through a Sabermetric lens

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Revised Casey Fien Scouting Report

In the comments of my Casey Fien Scouting Report, Harry Pavlidis had some insight. Since he knows how to better classify pitches than myself, I heeded his advice and re-classified the pitches.

First, the strike zone plot:

The differences were that the "change-up" is actually a slider. Harry also said that he threw two four-seam fastballs (FF) and the rest of the heaters were of the two-seam variety (FT), while the rest were sliders. I've changed that.

The release points:

And now here are the pitch flights:

Hopefully, if I classified the wrong fastball's as four-seamers, Harry can correct me again. If not, I'll just compare the pitch flights to his New Arms of the Week post at Beyond the Boxscore.

1 comment:

  1. Fien got into the game last night in Texas. Threw one change-up along with both fastballs and his slider.

    ReplyDelete