Evaluating the Tigers through a Sabermetric lens

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Site Changes

After much thought and consideration, I've decided to grab a domain name. Due to this, I've dropped the previous "Fire Jim Leyland" moniker. It was a more difficult decision than it probably should have been, but I was willing to give up the 5-6 hits I was getting from people typing in a combination of fire, Jim, and/or Leyland in a search engine.

Also, you probably noticed, but in case you haven't (and given the sporadic writings around here, I'm sure most haven't) I threw up the generic google ads. I figured why not? Can't hurt. And I'm up to $2.20 in the month since I've done that. So I'm looking to be living large in my retirement from blogging earnings in or around 2093. It will be amazing.

But the biggest piece of news is that you can now get here by www.tigersbythenumbers.com, as I've changed the name to Tigers by the Numbers. I figured I like the Tigers, I like numbers, and I essentially am putting the two together in every post, it makes sense.

In the mean time, I'm restoring my blog roll to the right -- sorry Kurt, it for some reason won't add your site! I also will probably mess with some of the templates over the next couple of days, so if things seem out of whack, that's why. On the whole, I'm pretty apathetic about the look of this blog as I think the content of it is what is most important. I'm just looking for something clean and easy and will maybe test run a couple of them for a few days each to see what I like the best.

2 comments:

  1. I think you made the right decision. The old name served a purpose, but it could also confuse the message now. Good choice. Now fix your damn sidebar, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, trying to Kurt. For some reason it just won't take your site as a link.

    ReplyDelete